What Are The Best 2 Player Card Games?
The basic background for some of the most popular 2 player card games is briefly explained below.
- Nerts: This is an extremely entertaining, fun, and easy to master 2 player card games where each player tries to rid themselves of a 13 card pile. To play Nerts, pick up a standard deck of 52 cards and deal 13 cards to each player playing the game. Do not reveal which cards have been dealt with which player.
- Use the four face-up cards as the work piles and create a ‘designated’ area pile!
- To start the game, turn over the top card of your pile, and remove these cards either placing the on top of your work pile or a designated common area pile starting with aces.
- You can add more cards to the common/designated area piles but remember – they must be matched in numerical order or by matching suits. The first player to exhaust their pile of cards and call NERTS! Is the winner.
- The fast-paced excitement makes Nerts an extremely interesting and engaging game to play.
- Gin Rummy: This game is played one hand at a time wherein your objective is to complete your hand with combinations of three or more cards of the same value (such as three queens) or in runs of the same suit (such as 2, 3, 4, and 5, of diamonds.) The rules of this game may vary slightly from region to region! So watch out for subtle differences in the version of the game that you are playing.
- Egyptian Rat Screw: To play this unique sounding, yet thrilling and amazing game, begin with a standard 52 card deck and deal it to every player (works even with two players perfectly). This game is similar to “beggar my neighbour” and probably borrowed slightly from slapjack as it involves the idea of slapping cards when some combinations of cards are played.
There are plenty more two-player card games that are sure to make the playing experience interesting for everyone!